Wichita Chisholm Trail Marathon > Races > Half Marathon
Introducing The Chisholm Trail Half Marathon
The Chisholm Trail Half Marathon is nothing to balk at. The speed will challenge you. The course will test your endurance. Running through the Delano Historic district and downtown Wichita, this 13.1-mile course shares the first loop of the marathon and has its own finish on the Douglas Bridge, the same avenue that Jessie Chisholm drove his cattle down and Wyatt Earp patrolled.
The Chisholm Trail Half Marathon is a USATF certified course. It shares the start line with the Chisholm Trail full marathon located in the Historic Delano District. If you’re looking for a half PR or running your first half, the Wichita Chisholm Trail Half Marathon will not disappoint. Both the runner and the spectator will be thrilled with the six-turn course and fast downhill finish.
A half marathon will test your mettle. It will test your stamina both physically and mentally. The only question left is, when are you going to sign up? We say do it now—and start training.
Delano District<br> (Douglas and McLean)
- 4 Hour time limit
- USATF and RRCA certified
- Walkers and strollers welcome (Please line up in back of corral C)
- Limited to the first 3000 registrants
- All runners must cross timing mats placed on the race course. Failure to do so could result in disqualification.
Half Marathon Participant And Finisher Amenities
All half marathon participants receive:
- Official participant shirt
- Digital race packet
- Free athlete tracking app
- Pace groups
- Personalized race number (deadline February 21, 2019)
- A fast & flat course featuring Wichita's downtown and historic districts.
- Live entertainment at the finish line
- Medical support and ample aid station support
- Special rates on hotels near the start and finish
- Midwest charm and positive vibes
- Post-race celebration with local microbrews, local music and local food
All 2019 Finishers Receive:
- A uniquely designed finishers medal that's iconic to Wichita and its history
There will be ample medical support located along the race route. We will have paramedic bike's patrol along 2nd Street for miles 10-13/20-26. A medical tent at the start and finish line will be marked with a red cross.
There will be water stations located every two miles along the single loop race course providing the half with six aid stations.
Each aid station will have Powerade and water.
There will be energy gels available to runners along 2nd street at aid stations 10/23 and 12/25 towards the end of the race.
Porta-potties will be located at each aid station and at the Start/Finish area located in Delano.
The Chisholm Trail Marathon and presenting sponsor are proud to award the following cash prizes:
Overall Male Half Marathon Champion
Overall Female Half Marathon Champion
Age Group Awards
Age group awards will be presented to the top three finishers in each age category for both the marathon and half marathon. (16-19), (20-24),(25-29),(30-34),(35-39),(40-44),(45-49),(50-54),(55-59),(60-64),(65-69),(70-74),(75-79),(80-84),(85-90),(90 and up)
There will be an awards table at the start/finish line area that you may pick up your age group award as you finish. We will not have an age group awards ceremony.