Wichita Chisholm Trail Marathon > Races > Marathon
Introducing The Chisholm Trail Marathon
Flat and fast. Just one way to describe the Chisholm Trail Marathon in downtown Wichita, KS. Epic and historical could be another. And, because this course is so fast, some will even say it’s how they'll qualify for the Boston Marathon.
The Chisholm Trail Marathon is a radical USATF and RRCA certified course. The start and finish of this 13.1-mile double loop runs through historical Delano District where the Chisholm Trail was established in 1878. The course itself has only twelve turns and takes you through the corridor of downtown Wichita, the same avenue Wyatt Earp walked.
Today, it’s time to run your own way into history by competing in the first Chisholm Trail Marathon. Whether it’s the half marathon or full it’s time to beat your PR.
Not everyone can run a marathon. And those that can prepare mentally and physically far in advance. That’s why it’s time to commit. It’s time to train. It’s time to register for the Chisholm Trail Marathon.
Delano District<br>(Douglas and McLean)
- 7-hour time limit
- Boston qualifier
- Walkers and strollers welcome (please line up in back of corral C)
- Limited to the first 1500 registrants
- All runners must cross timing mats placed on the race course — failure to do so could result in disqualification
Marathon Participant And Finisher Amenities
All marathon participants receive:
- Official participant shirt
- Digital race packet
- Free race athlete tracking app
- Pace groups
- Personalized race number (deadline February 21, 2019)
- A scenic course featuring Wichita's downtown and historical districts
- Medical support and ample aid station support
- Special rates on hotels downtown near the start and finish.
- Midwest charm and positive vibes
- Post-race celebration with local microbrews, local music and local food
All 2019 finishers receive:
- A uniquely designed finishers medal that is iconic to Wichita and its landscape
- Digital finishers certificate (for Boston Qualifier)
There will be ample medical support located along the race route. We will have paramedic bike's patrol along 2nd Street for miles 10-13/20-26. A medical tent at the start and finish line will be marked with a red cross.
There will be water stations located every two miles along the double loop race course providing the half with six aid stations and the full with 12.
Each aid station will have Powerade and water.
There will be energy gels available to runners along 2nd Street at aid stations 10/23 and 12/25 towards the end of each respective race.
Porta-potties will be located at each aid station and at the Start/Finish area located in the Delano District.
The Chisholm Trail Marathon and presenting sponsor are proud to award the following cash prizes:
2nd Female Finisher
3rd Female Finisher
Marathon Masters Division (40+)
Overall Male Masters Marathon Champion
Overall Female Masters Marathon Champion